Jun 28, 2017

More drafts queue cleaning


This is from back in 2011!
I know it’s hard to believe.

But I do go out and do fun things from time to time. Back in early December, I even made it out to go see a band I really like perform live!

IMG_2949a


It’s funny because the video is of the song Sick Of You and it was shortly after the show I broke up with the woman I went with. I got sick of her pretty fast.

My cousin’s wife was really funny about it and I’ve spoken about it before because the woman in question had some serious assets but like most of the times we went out, there was always some moment when I’d get snapped at, it was like having a pet snake.

The show was okay, I’m of two minds when I go to a show because I’m a person who doesn’t like crowds. I’m acutely aware of my surroundings and I’m not crazy about being pushed, bumped into or the like. I just can’t believe that people are so entirely clueless as to not be aware that it’s another person they’re elbowing, stepping on, pushing. It REALLY bothers me to the point where I push back so there’s that.

I always have to remember earplugs too because my hearing is already damaged and I have tinnitus so I don’t want to do even more damage than has already been done (and yes, I have gotten my hearing tested and was pointedly told at the time that the amount of loss for someone my age was more than would be accounted for with age).

You can’t get people to do these kinds of things though as you get older unless you have a really adventurous crowd you hang around with. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of the music I like is not the kind of music you would go to a supper club to see.

Cake was great though and they were worth it even if the company wasn’t so good. It got to a point where I just decided I wasn’t going to let someone else stop me from enjoying the show and that’s what I did.

No comments: